Monday, October 12, 2009

what we are eating this week or Menu Planning Monday


It's Monday again...where did this week fly? It's also that time of year where allergies kill me so I am all kinds of stopped up and full of sinus pressure! Find more great menu planning ideas here
Since I am feeling all blah I am keeping it easy this week (not that most weeks are hard or anything) i.e lots of crockpot cooking! Slow Cooker Liners are my best friend!!

Monday - Chili and homemade bread
Cooking chili with ground turkey in the crockpot

Tuesday - Pork Chops potatoes and green beans
Cut up potatoes and throw along with the green beans in the crockpot. Add chicken broth to cover. Season pork chops (I am using cajun seasoning this time) and place on top

Wednesday - Italian chicken broccoli and homemade bread
EASY recipe....boneless skinless chicken breast in the crockpot
Cover with Italian dressing and a few shakes of parmesan cheese viola!
I will just steam the broccoli a little before dinnertime

Thursday - Spaghetti with sausage
Whole wheat pasta, homemade tomato sauce (I always make a double batch and freeze half)
Also I am don't like tomatoes but eat it usually once a week in spaghetti sauce b/c I love my family. I read in this month's Kraft Kitchens mag about adding a little cream cheese and basil to make a creamy basil sauce. I tried this last week just in my bowl and it was YUMMY!!

Friday - Taco Night

Saturday - Chef Salads

Sunday - going to the in laws

Hope everyone has a great week! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, turkey chili sounds yummy right about now!

    :)

    Great menu plan ya got there. Stop by and see mine over at Free 2 Be Frugal!

    ReplyDelete