Saturday, June 6, 2009

Experiment Days 4&5

I am a slacker with my blog so I am just now doing this!

Day Four I finally broke down and spent some frivolous money it was raining and the kids were having big time cabin fever so I took them to lunch and to play at McDonald's. I was good though and only spent $6 to feed us all so all in all not too bad! We stayed there over an hour and let the kids burn off all that energy!!

Day Five This was payday so I had bills to pay which is the norm and doesn't count for this part of our experiment. Also we ended up buying the new Dave Matthews album I am honestly shocked we made it from Tuesday to today NOT breaking down to buy it! (it's awesome btw) I am VERY proud of my hubby for going to Best Buy and coming out with just the CD/DVD which was on sale this week. I know he spent time looking around making his "if we win the lottery list"

I also bought our weekly groceries tonight at Walmart (I usually buy the majority at Aldi but I had quite a few coupons this week) and only spent $33 for the week!

All in all I think we did pretty good....we are sticking to our "Do I want to buy this or a house" motto and hopefully the extra nickel and diming will get better and better

No comments:

Post a Comment