Sunday, March 29, 2009

Tattoo

I got my tattoo finally this week. I have been wanting to get another one for years and my hubby was getting more work done on his full sleeve so we made appointments together.
I knew I wanted a cross but was having trouble deciding where and exactly what I wanted the cross to look like! I wanted a cross b/c I am a Christian and it's a great way to give testimony when people ask me about it! I decided on the back of my neck so that way I could show it when I wanted to (ponytail) and hide it if I needed to (hair down) Here it is


I found several drawings online that I liked but nothing just right. So I took all my drawings to Vanessa at Underground Art (she's wonderful by the way) and she was going to draw up something for me!
Last Tuesday I went in hoping I would like the drawing...I am not a confrontational person but in the case of having something on my body the rest of my life I would have spoken up if I didn't like it! Luckily that wasn't the case it was just what I wanted! I did have her extend the bottom of the cross since she made it more symmetrical and I wanted people to see it and KNOW it was a cross!

Also I wanted to give my personal perspective on Tattoos! I am a Christian and I do believe the whole "my body is a temple" thing but my tattoo is art and a great conversation starter to tell people I am a Christian. I know tattoos are forever and this is why I would never get some "trend of the moment" tattooed on me but I have and will have my faith the rest of my life so a Cross was perfect for me! I also think over the last 10ish years or so tattoos aren't as taboo as they once were they aren't just for criminals and hooligans (not wording just quoting Jeff's grandmother) I think my tattoo is beautiful and love showing it off!

No comments:

Post a Comment