Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Weekend

We had a wonderful weekend! Started out Friday night when the kids spent the night with my parents and Jeff and I got a date! It was actually 10 years ago this week we went out on our first date so we were celebrating that and Valentine's day!
We went to Huey's and a movie like we did on our first date! It was very yummy and then he took me to a "chick flick"(he loves me) We saw He's Just Not that Into You! It was very cute and I highly recommend...and the Malco gift card my parents gave us for Christmas went to GREAT use!
We picked up the kids Saturday morning and I had already hid their presents around the house. So pretty much as soon as we walked in the door they were ready! I had Parker read each clue out loud then him and Lyndee RAN to get their treats! Lyndee is still a little young for this but she followed her big brother squealing! I decided to hide a present for each of them in each place since she is his "shadow"! They each got a Valentine's book, candy (of course), coloring books, stickers, and more (most of which I got at Dollar Tree) I am not big on the commercialness of the holiday I tell Jeff and the kids I love them every day! It is fun watching them run for their prizes!
Jeff had taken the kids out one night last week and I honestly had no clue what they did I thought he had taken them to Chuck E Cheese to play or something...turns out he took them to the mall and they picked out a Hello Kitty for me at Build A Bear! I LOVE it! I wanted to get that one for Lyndee next time we got one but now I have one! They also got me another watch since mine broke like 2 weeks ago and I have been all messed up since I never take my watch off. We don't do presents but Jeff wanted to surprise me! We actually did the same for him and Parker picked out a Star Wars figure he didn't have!

Then last night I surprised my boys with Shrimp in garlic butter sauce since they both LOVE shrimp. I don't like shrimp so I don't cook it too often but when I do they are very excited.
Hope everyone had a great Valentine's day

1 comment:

  1. Hello my sweet friend! I am so happy I found you! Look forward to keeping up with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete