Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday...

I can't believe I went another week without posting anything between Mondays! Busy week still getting back into the swing of things with school. Also started speech therapy with Lyndee and it's totally the middle of our day and I am so scared I am going to forget it completely one of these days! Last week I remembered 20 minutes before it started...luckily we live 3 minutes away!

On to the good stuff...our menu!
I ROCKED the budget this week...using coupons to get a few things at Walmart (two items I got paid for) and then only spent $26 for the week at Aldi. All in all I came in $10 under my $50 a week budget!

Monday - breakfast turkey bacon, biscuits, eggs
the kids have been begging and I have to admit it's quick easy and yummy so I don't mind!

Tuesday - enchiladas
we were supposed to have this last week but I ended up doing like tostadas with the corn tortillas so I still had plenty tortillas and the enchilada sauce left

Wednesday - New potatoes with soups
Jeff has Chili on his and I have broccoli cheese soup on mine! The kids usually have some "character soup" on nights like this (Campbell's soups)

Thursday - playground with the kids
Jeff is getting more work done on his tattoo so I am taking the kids to a restaurant with a playground so we can burn off some energy!!

Friday - hot dogs baked french fries and fruit
Another quick and easy meal but I had a B1G1 coupon and got these great sounding Angus hotdogs so figured we would grill out

Saturday - Spaghetti homemade Italian bread
what would a week of me posting on here without spaghetti be?
I always "mix it up" this week I am doing homemade meatballs, whole wheat rigatoni, and adding some pesto to the sauce

Sunday - BBQ Chicken corn, green beans
grilling out. Doing corn on the cob in foil packets with butter and cajun seasoning. Green beans in a foil packet cooked with butter and bacon. I will probably do some bread in the bread machine too


Hope everyone has a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment