Monday, June 1, 2009

Menu Planning Monday











It's menu planning time again....along with our experiment of spending no money this week we are eating every meal at home plus packing Jeff a lunch to take to work everyday! I wind up getting lazy some nights to pack it for the next day and so he drives thru somewhere for lunch but not this week!!
This week could easily be called Quick and Easy Family Favorites

Monday - Fish Tacos Salad
Very easy cook fish sticks in the oven then put in a whole wheat tortilla with lettuce, tomato, tartar sauce, salsa.......so many options

Tuesday - Mexican Chicken in the crockpot
Chicken breasts topped with can of diced tomatoes (I get the kind with jalapenos also), can of corn, can of Mexican beans I top with low fat sour cream and serve with multi grain tortilla chips
This kids will eat this one sometimes but usually I make them "character" soup from Campbell's

Wednesday - BREAKFAST
My hubby and kid's favorite meal
Scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, and homemade biscuits (ok not really I use bisquik but it's better than the canned ones)

Thursday - going out to eat with my grandparents
They have been dying to see their great grandkids so are are all meeting up at Piccadilly
At least there are no dishes to do!

Friday - Hot Dogs and Macaroni & Cheese
This is just a quick and easy meal that I can pop the hot dogs on the grill while the kids play outside

Saturday - Smoked Sausage and White Beans
Another crockpot meal

Sunday - It's My Birthday!!!!
My side of the family is taking me out to eat! I picked a local place called Mr. B's that has the best fried Shrimp in Memphis...funny part is I don't eat Shrimp but both my boys and both my parents LOVE it PLUS they have fried pickles along with a Celestial Chicken that melts in your mouth so it's OFF my healty living for that one day!!!


Get TONS more menu ideas at one of my favorite websites

No comments:

Post a Comment