Friday, May 29, 2009

Experiment

Jeff and I are starting the process of buying our first house. We are working on the debt and saving up etc...so we are trying this experiment for one week and see how it goes!


SPENDING NO MONEY!

I know it's nuts and while we (mainly me) have always been frugal/budgeting/coupon clipping/hunting for bargains the little things add up
Usually I take the kids out to fast food lunch/playground once a week. We usually go to Sonic for happy hour on Tuesdays before Parker's Crossfire class. Jeff buys lunch at least once a week to have a "hot lunch". He also stops at the gas station for coffee a few times a week (better than Starbucks prices at least) Wind up driving through for ice cream (or stopping to get a diet coke since I don't keep them around the house anymore) and so on....

So I bought Groceries this weekend and both cars are full of gas so we are going to try to go ALL week without spending a penny!

I will try to update daily on our happenings and see how it goes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment