Saturday, April 11, 2009

star wars and action heroes

I am a girl have been my whole life and I have two sisters so when I heard the words "it's a boy" laying on the operating table I had no clue what I was in for!
I have learned more about Star wars, Justice League, and Power Rangers than I ever wished to know. I have acted out scenes with action figures more times than I can count on top of that I have made capes and tried to convince Parker it's only okay to wear capes at home and the grandparent's house. (and the occasional playgroup at a good friend's house)
Parker has never been into cars/trains/planes or dinosaurs like most kids it's always been about the Superheroes! In fact the first toy he ever got attached to was a Woody from Toy Story action figure and Woody was actually his second word (after daddy) He's always been a Star Wars fan b/c of his Daddy (my hubby the Star Wars Geek) but we have been through Superman, Spiderman, Justice League, Teen Titans, Power Rangers, and sooooo many more I lost count!
I am constantly stepping on an action figure or getting hit with a lightsaber (I cuss George Lucas a little each time this happens) but all in all I wouldn't trade having the knowledge of every bad guy in every Marvel comic for anything!
I finally got a girl and I was so excited to play tea parties, dolls, and dress up! Guess what I got...a copycat of her brother...wearing superman capes and loving her pink power ranger!!

No comments:

Post a Comment