Monday, May 25, 2009

Best Parents/Grandparents EVER

This weekend was a fun one! My dad called a few weeks ago and said he wanted to get a hotel room in town (I know it sounds crazy but it's for all the kids to swim and for him to get away from the phone since he runs a business out of his home) and we could all play and swim and then Jeff and I & my sister and her husband could have date nights and they would keep all 4 kids over night!
I was like ummmm okay!
So the weekend started out Sunday after church we all met for lunch at Abbey's then on to the Disney store at the mall where my dad had ANOTHER surprise.....money for each kid to spend! They have a Disney Rewards Visa and when they add up so many points they get a gift card so each kid got to go nuts! I got Lyndee the CUTEST Minnie Mouse vacuum and a Disney Princess bubble blowing machine! Parker got some Power Rangers toys (shocker I know) and some WallE toys.
Then we went to the hotel and swam. Both kids ended up going under and Parker didn't use his swimmies yay!! After saying bye to the kids who could care less since they had a hotel room and new toys to explore....we started our date!
Then Jeff and I went to Houston's which is one of my favorite restaurants! It's always nice to have a meal in a nice restaurant and not be interrupted 20 times and having to say "sit down" "eat this" etc...
We walked around the nice new Target on our way home and picked up a pint each of Ben & Jerry's (calories don't count on date night right?) We had a movie from Netflix and so we decided to watch that it was FanBoys and I reccommend it to any Star Wars fan (or the wife of a fan) it was cheesy but cute and full of Star Wars references!

This morning I went back to the hotel to meet everyone for breakfast and another swim! It was a great weekend and I just hope the kids are tired out enough to sleep hard tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment